Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Move over Krispy Cream and Dunkin Donuts!

I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman and it proves to be the best donut recipe ever! I don't know about you but I have made donuts before and they are okay and they are greasy and they are just donuts. But these!!! OMG!! Move over Krispy Cream and Dunkin Donuts!


Thank goodness for reading over the recipe while playing Connect Four with Kayla and Shae as I noticed the dough needed to be refrigerated the night before. Kayla got on her apron and went right to work with me in the kitchen. She has become my side kick in the kitchen and LOVES cooking!

The following morning I got up early and rolled out the dough and cut out the donuts. I didn't have a circle donut cutter so a heart shaped cookie cutter did the trick just fine. I used a 3" with a 1 1/2" middle cutter. They say here under a towel for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours until airy / fluffy.
Then with the oil no hotter than 375 degrees they were fried about 45 seconds on each side.
My mouth is drooling as I type! After they cooled on the rack they were dunked by Kayla the master donut glazer.
I must say that we all ate about 10 of these donuts and they are a tasty mix between Krispy Creme and Dunkin Donuts.
Just perfect!

Here is the recipe link.

No comments: