Friday, September 17, 2010

ART CLASS

my tree samples

The school year has started and so has the art class that I teach to 8 homeschooled kids. This class is a lot of fun! They have a lesson and create their assignment along with me and that takes anywhere from 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Then it is snow cone time and they all go out back and play for about another hour.
artwork from a 10 year old
Obviously, our lesson yesterday was on trees. Usually, a child or any person has a certain tree that they like to draw and that becomes the main tree they draw whenever they create a picture with trees. My favorite tree to draw is a palm tree and I am not sure why but we didn't do one of those in this lesson.
My students range from ages 7 - 10 and they all do a great job with their creations!
artwork from a 9 year old

artwork from a 7 year old

We used marker,watercolor,acrylic and chalk.

No comments: