Friday, January 9, 2009

Hurray for Big K!


K has started her first organized sport. She is mostly my dancing queen so this came to a surprise to us. She has mentioned basketball for several months and asked for a ball for her birthday and got it. We then signed her up not mentioning the "co-ed" team. tee,hee,hee!

She had her first practice this week and did AWESOME! She is a great dribbler and has a physician for a coach who is pretty hard core serious (which worried me a bit) but luckily his main focus is not points and for the kids to have fun. I will update as her games start up. I just hope the pictures turn out as inside the gym.... pics are tough with lighting.

On another note: Just yesterday we noticed a burn (must be controlled) and as we were out on our way to the library it was right there behind Home Depot. It was kind of amazing and funny at the same time. People were just parking and going shopping like the hill behind them wasn't in flames. ha,ha,ha!
Anyway, here is a still photo I captured from it.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go Kayla! I hope she enjoys it!

Janda said...

Yaa Kayla!! How fun for her, she is getting so tall, tell her to stop that. It makes me sad how fast our babies are growing up!