Friday, January 30, 2009

ART WEEK

We have had a sick week here at the house so we put the academics aside and did a little art. I don't feel bad putting things aside for fun and creative stuff as I am the type who over works the kids at times and they are always ahead so I can do that. And besides.... I am the teacher! :) The girls recently got magnifying glasses so we did an art project that is MAGNIFIED. It came out pretty cool. We first looked at things thru the lens and saw the detail and how much larger items became. So, we created it with that.

Kayla did this one
Shae is my super creative child.
She created this non-objective piece of art.
And on the computer she used her computer skills and created these pieces of artwork. And she used her typing skills. Love that silly dude she made. Watch out as you may get it in the mail one day as a card.
So, finally the girls felt better today and we studied how school was in the Colonial Days. Here pictured is Shae creating a hornbook. Which is the first book a colonial child learned to read from. It was not actually a book at all. It was a reading lesson placed on a piece of wood with a thin sheet of animal horn which you would see through..
So, I guess I lied! We did wrap things up educationally.

No comments: