Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things I am thankful for ...

I am thankful for lots of things. A few pictures below will show you a few things from this week that made our days better. This one makes me smile! Kayla loves to write but when given an assignment on a topic say .... "Pioneer Days" that doesn't exactly excite her. I don't blame her as it didn't me either. So, I came up with the idea for her to create a newspaper and she is creating it by herself on Publisher and here she is typing away while at the same time creating her newspaper and yes one of the stories will be about the "Pioneer Days."
Oh, this is a good one. Yesterday, Shae and I went to the store while Kayla was rehearsing for High School Musical. These lovely boxes were displayed so nicely on a middle isle. Shae asks me "What are those, mom?" I say, "Oh, those are awesome!"
Shae: "Are those good for you to eat?"
Mom: "Well, no they really aren't but they taste good."
Shae: "Oh, we shouldn't get them then."
Mom: "It is okay to have them once in a while." : )


Once we got to the car Shae and I immediately opened the box and shared a package. We both agreed that they were pretty darn good. Mind you my children just recently discovered "Twinkies" and luckily didn't like them. Later, we offered one to Kayla and she hated them.

This is only PART of ONE box of goodies that I get from my great and dear friend who is like a sister to me. I am so thankful for her as she kindly packs up and ships to me a HUGE box about twice a year. It is like Christmas at our house when it arrives! Janey, we love you and miss you!

I am thankful for Shae for being a non-picky eater. This was her choice for dinner tonight. She said, " salad with black olives, yellow bell pepper, mini tomatoes, cucumber, avacado, sliced apples and of course a sizzled Hebrew National hot dog and with papaya on the side."

CHEERS! YUMMY!

No comments: