Friday, January 8, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WOW! I am back to blogging for the New Year!

I have been having a hard time updating my blog lately as Google was giving me log in problems but I think I have that under control.
Let's see! I don't make New Year resolutions as I never keep them or I forget what my plan was.
But here are some things I plan on focusing on more this year.
Start my garden on time and keep it going for a wonderful crop that I plan on growing this season.
Learning more guitar thru ( guitar in a nutshell ) Love that site!
Kayla is continuing her guitar lessons at Volante as she doesn't like me telling her how to play guitar. Shae got her first "real" guitar at POPS Music earlier this month and she is loving it and learning her chords.
Both girls want to do another PFAA play (they are awesome and work well with kids). It will be a tough audition though as they will be very selective for the upcoming show "Schoolhouse Rock Live! JR."
I am making sure we keep up on our schooling and am currently trying out an online supplemental curriculum ( time4learning.com ) with Shae and Kayla and it is going well. We still have our text and book work but we can do less of that now and this gives them a break and a different teaching approach. I feel it is nice to mix things up.
It tests them on all the subjects and every category and I can check their daily progress report and see their % on everything. It tells me what they need to work on and what they are doing wonderful on.
I am still teaching the art class to my 8 students that I just enjoy to death. They are GREAT students and are very creative!
I want to focus on supporting our local smaller businesses and that is easier to do in our town than a bigger city.
I plan on eating less beef and substitute it with turkey. :0) We will see how that goes.
And this winter I plan on taking the kids down to Phoenix once a month to enjoy the warm weather and visit a museum or do something fun like visit a roller rink and Amazing Jake's.
Well, I will be online daily so keep in touch!

No comments: