Monday, July 13, 2009

WHILE YOU WERE OUT!

Buttercup says "hi!"
Kayla has been waiting for her own room make over ever since we moved to Prescott. Her room became a guest room and a school room and she is now ready to be in her own room. And of course Shae is ready to have Kayla out of her room. So, I had planned out all this in my mind and went shopping for fabric. What fun it was! Kayla wanted pink so that is what she got.
I painted and sewed for hours at night. Tom worked hard on the wall behind her bed and he did awesome! When we were ready to put the room together I sent them to a friend's house in the neighborhood and then it was surprise time. Kayla was speechless and didn't say much but gasped for air!
I had already done this mural for Shae's room but added a little to it and made some Hawaiian flowered pillows and redid her puffy bulletin board with the same fabric. Then I had Tom cut out a surfboard shape out of wood and I painted that and got her a round puffy chair for her room and last I purchased a grass table skirt and attached it to the wall above her window.
Now, Shae has a real beach hut room!

No comments: