Friday, July 17, 2009

Scorpions, Snakes, and Bees

OMG!!! We woke up this am to our normal morning routine and that is letting the dogs out to go potty and they like to be outside on the leash for a while. I barely got in the screen door and heard Tuesday scratching at something outside and my first thought was a "Stink Bug".
They like to play with the "Stink Bugs". Anyway, she yelped and held up her paw. I went outside to check it out and it was a scorpion. GREAT!! We immediately went online to see what to do and gave her a little Benadryl and luckily she has had no symptoms or swelling of the lips and eyes like the Internet said to watch for.
Next, the girls and I got home from working in the local zoo garden and Kayla noticed bee activity near our front porch. GREAT!! A sworm of bees has moved in! While we are looking out the kitchen window trying to decide what to do next Kayla noticed what appears to be a snake in the front yard. Yes! It WAS a snake's skin. So, where is the snake? GREAT! What a day! Tom is going to try to be the "bee keeper" man and squirt the bee nest with a hose. That ought to be interesting! If I can get a picture of the attach I will be sure to post it. Tee,hee,hee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, where is the follow-up to Tom getting rid of the bee's???? Dave and I are waiting for the video of that one. Di