Sunday, July 26, 2009

Engrave

What is life really about? What am I here for? What am I supposed to be doing? What am I doing? Will I be healthy when I get older? How long will I live? What will my kids be like when they grow older? What will they remember about me?

Wow! All of these thoughts this evening. What is one to say to all of those questions? I just got done watching a show of an inspirational family and whose father just ended his battle with cancer. The family will move on and he will be remembered greatly.

Life is about engraving a memory and hopefully a wonderful one. I am here to make a difference in people's lives and especially for my 2 precious girls. I am supposed to be doing the right thing and making the right choices. I will mold and educate my children about life and all these things. I can't predict if I will be healthy as I grow old. I can teach my children of healthy habits and taking care of ourselves and that life isn't about what everyone thinks it is or how it should be. Everyone has a path and a road that they follow and later on they will be just fine. I am not sure how long I will live but I hope long enough to engrave that wonderful memory for my children and the people whom I touch. My girls will love themselves when they grow old. They will not worry too much about everybody else and everything. They will be happy with who they are and what they become. They will be great people and make a difference in the world and many people's lives.

"What will they remember about me?" .... I haven't thought much about this question but I will now and I will work harder at my engraving to instill the best memories possible for my girls without spoiling them with material things. Love, affection, attention, education, skills, love, attention, affection, embracing, smiles and lots of hugs.

No comments: