Wednesday, July 22, 2009

TOO COOL 2 CARE

Cute shirt and love the colors and I got it as a "handy down" (this is my saying as Tom always correct me and says " It is hand me downs!") from a great friend of mine. Kayla has had it in her closet this summer but has not worn it yet. The other day Kayla handed me the shirt and said that she didn't want to wear it. I asked, "why?" and she said, " because it says I am too cool 2 care and I do care about others." I then went on to explain to her that it could mean a couple of things and yes one could be that she is too cool to care about people or animals or things or it could be that she doesn't care about keeping up everyone else or not caring about the pressure some kids enforce upon others.
She thought about it and decided that she still didn't want to wear it just in case others interpreted the shirt the wrong way.
My child always thinks of others and tries hard to do the right thing.
Bless her and her little mind!

No comments: