Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Proud Little Lady!

Kayla was a proud little lady this week! We are so lucky to have such great neighbors and one of them is a great quilter. Kayla went to her house every week on Thursday afternoons for the past month and learned to measure, cut, sew, layout her design and snip. She did everything including the shopping for the fabric. She just loves her new quilt! Thanks Sherry!

This one is for you Jamie. Artisan Bread in just 5 minutes! Yes, it really is true! I first read about it on my weekly read of the Everyday Cheapskate. So, I checked the book from our local library and gave it a try. I have made homemade Artisan bread just about every other day for the past 2 weeks. It is so simple and fresh that I have no need to buy that fresh baked bread at the bakery.
Kayla even made her first batch all by herself and brought a loaf to our neighbor Sherry as a thank you for showing her how to make her quilt.

(last night's fresh baked bread)

No comments: