Monday, December 29, 2008

Warm Thoughts

This is the time of year when we snuggle up and keep warm. Winter brings chilly weather along with periodic snow for us up here in the high country. I use to think ................ I would never let my child come into my bed and sleep with me as it was a "bad habit." Those phases did come and go and I allowed it periodically.

I do miss that and I loved it when they came in my room and snuck into my bed thinking I didn't know it. With my head turned the other way with one eye open and a cracked smile on my face....... I loved it!

Still to this day every once in a while one of the girls will wake up early in the morning and come walking to my side of the house and I hear them stop at my door way and stare for a minute. She must be thinking ...... "Will I, Should I, Can I crawl into bed with mommy?"

Just this am Shae did just that. I heard her stand still at my door then proceed to my side of the bed. Then quietly crawled up onto my bed near my feet and wiggled up next to me and lay her head on my pillow. She still has her blanket in hand near her face and shares it with me by putting some on my face too. Oh, how I love the smell of her old tattered blanket as it has her smell all over it.

How she feels safe and comfy snuggled up beside me and how I know this will not last forever. The warmth of a mother and daughter is amazing!

I will now take that cuddle whenever it comes sneaking in.

No comments: