Tuesday, November 23, 2010

life ....

I was just thinking the other of how you think you know someone and you really don't. I think everyone hides things about themselves to others. Don't get me wrong .... people can hide all they want and live the "hidden life." I guess I could say that I am a pretty open person and probably share to much info, but I am me.

Do we live in a different world from the outsiders of whom we know? If so, why? Do some people hide from others? I believe so. I have learned that through the years ... when you think you know someone .... you really may not. Come to find out later that that person hides behind lies. Lies of fear of being judged by others. I am a very strong person and speak my mind out loud a lot and probably to much, but that is I.
Hardly anything bothers me to make me cry. I take in lots of friendships and embrace them all to which I can share myself with them. I do not hide things from them as for I am me and they all know it.
I am teaching my children about this very strong statement .... they are learning too. They are also learning of people I know as adults who are living a lie and hiding something from the world. That is okay. I tell them that we know who we are and we love our life and friends, but that can change any day or given moment. Friends are very special to have. So, to keep your special friends .... one must be open and trustworthy ... and comfortable ... and happy with the connection. If those things don't fall into place then the relationship is just there and becomes just another acquaintance.

No comments: