Monday, August 9, 2010

SASQUATCH!!

This is the end of this days outing. More on that down below. Shae and her best friend gaze up and wonder about the sky and leaves from the trees. How relaxing! What beautiful weather we have had lately! These are moments that I can't pass by without getting a picture.

This is the month where the girls and I check on the wild blackberry patch in Groom Creek. Only a few were ready any many more to come. We will be back!
The creek was pretty and the girls found a damn that a beaver had made. This was an amusing little trip ... let me explain. While driving to our destination we saw "Sasquatch" ( a scary looking guy with a super hairy face and no shirt on ) riding his bike full speed on this dirt road. We were just waiting for him to eat it (crash)! ha,ha,ha! Then following him was his "wolf" looking dog. So, after we parked along side the road and were checking out the blackberry bushes we heard this noise. And ZOOM goes Sasquatch flying by us on his bike. I knew that his dog would be following soon behind him. We weren't sure about this dog and didn't want to find out if it was friendly or eat us. At that moment I told all the girls to hop in the car via the hatch which was open and here comes the "wolf" dog around the corner and my friend and I run and jump in the car as well. I am laughing as I am typing this! I am now in the back seat with the 4 girls and my friend is in the passenger front seat. So, we watch the dog through the car windows trot by us and it was so sad.... as he had just caught a squirl and had it dangling from his mouth. The girls were devastated to see that! So, Sasquatch turned around and is now in front of our car calling his dog and here we are all in the car with no driver in the driver seat all staring at him. ha,ha,ha,ha! He must of thought we were nuts! Sasquatch continued to ride away on his bike with the wolf following behind him.
So, after Kayla fell in a blackberry bush we drove up to a camp site and took a short nature walk and the girls did a little scavenger hunt of nature items and off we went.
We landed at the square at Kendalls for icecream and then hung out in the grass.

No comments: