Sunday, August 15, 2010

Incentives work wonders in my household!

My oldest loves to read and I will find her reading throughout the day. She has found the early love and enjoyment of reading.
My youngest on the other hand needs an incentive to make her want to read. I am finding this to be very rewarding for her. She is very competitive and therefore a reading program works well for her. Before bed time the other night I went into her room to find her reading while hula hooping. A clearer shot and hula hoop frozen in time.
Just in the past couple of weeks she has been wanting to read more and I have not had to ask her to do her extra reading either.


We have been moving right along with our new ACE curriculum. For some kids this style may take some adjusting to as it is quite work book intensive. But it thoroughly covers the basics which I like and has ample review but not to much. They can get their work done in just a couple of hours and have the rest of the day for themselves. Kayla completed her PACE and came to me asking for her test. She received 100% on the first math test!
Way to go Kayla!
Her English test wasn't as good but a 94% so not bad. I told her that she needs to keep all her tests in the 90th and above percentile.
Kayla will be working on finishing her zoo research report this week then we will be start our study on Ancient Egypt lapbook style.


No comments: