Friday, September 4, 2009

What a wonderful journal entry!

This is an journal entry that every homeschool parent and or teacher would love to read! I have the girls write an entry in their journal 3-4 times a week to get them writing more. At the beginning of the year (last month) Kayla was having a hard time thinking of what to write in her journal. So, I found that she needed a starter sentence as a helper. This is working out WONDERFUL! Some examples of her starter sentences are "I like it best when....., I can make a better day by ...., My favorite thing to do on a sunny day is ..., and of course our most recent one "The thing I like best about school is."

Of course we homeschool so she is writing about her experience schooling here at home with me and her younger sister. When I read her entry I just smiled. So, after reading that a mother/teacher knows they are doing a great job and what a sense of accomplishment for both student and teacher.

Next week Kayla will be starting Writing Strands which I love and is a complete writing program using a process approach to writing and composition. Writing Strands starts with age 7 and takes the homeschooled child Thur College Preparatory material as in writing exposition.

No comments: