Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How cool is this talent show!

The girls and I had the pleasure to watch a great talent show at our local Granite Gate assisted living resort. I saw this in the newspaper a few weeks ago and noted it on my calendar. I am so glad that I noted that and we decided to go. These elders were awesome! The one lady at the top left in the picture did the cutest tap dance in a cat outfit and can you believe her age..... 90 years old! Kayla loved the Red Hat Ladies. After the show we were delighted to have punch and sweets along with the others and got to watch and listen to the Geritol Hipsters play some great old music. Music that I have never heard of but it was fun music and the girls loved it. The best part was at the end when they announced the winner and Shae was so excited that her kitty cat lady won. These are all great things that we get to do while enjoying our homeschooling program.
**After the show we headed to our car to find my car like this. I about died! Nobody was around and I couldn't believe my eyes. Someone actually parked their car like this and left it there. So, I whipped out my camera and immediately starting my photo shoot. Then here walks out a lady (who actually sat next to us during the talent show) and didn't even notice her parking job. She went to get in her truck and I had to say "Ahhhhhhhh, you ran into my car while parking" and she said " I did?" I felt like saying "DAHHH!" She then proceeded to tell me that she needed to leave to pick up her grand child. I said, " not until I get your insurance card and drivers license" and I got it. So, she hurried on her way and backed up along the side of my car AGAIN and left. My car had very minor damage but I still can't believe that someone actually didn't notice how jacked up their parking was. Hummmmmm!
Hummmmmmm!
She couldn't get any closer than this! :0)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Whoah! Nice parking job! I love your blog. It makes me want to do my own... Monica