Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pink Pony Mascot

Shae's soccer team needs a mascot!

I have made a stick horse before with a head from a brown paper bag but I took this project a little further. I told the girls about my idea of making a stick pony but pink and they were totally jazzed. I found a video "how to" link on ehow.com of how to make a stuffed riding horse on a stick. I watched all the segments and altered it to fit our need. The girls went shopping with me for the fabric, button eyes, dowel, and we had yarn for the mane already. The total invest came to under $11 for 2 of these adorable ponies. After we finished our school work we started on this project and it took us 2 hours to complete both ponies. The girls pinned on the patterns, cut out the pony head and ears, sewed on the eyes and created the mane by wrapping yarn around a piece of scrap plastic I had from a science kit.
Shae says, "This is so much fun!" Kayla says, " I think I will love my pony."
The girls wrapped 3 different colors of yarn to create the mane for their ponies.
Yahoo! The finished ponies came out fabulous!
"Go Pink Ponies!"

1 comment:

Monica said...

Your energy and motivation is amazing to me. I would like to lead your lifestyle, but I don't believe I would be as ambitious as you are... Those pink ponies are great. Your girls will remember that project probably forever!
Monica