Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy Day ... yet productive!

First, Shae finally lost one of her front teeth. The poor girl has been walking around for over a week with the tooth sticking out and when she would close her lips together we would laugh as she looked like "Nannie Mcfee." **Got to see the movie if you haven't.
The other one is just about as wiggly as well and it is just as gross hanging a bit sideways.
She is so cute! She went in her dad's office to show him a drawing of hers and he gave her a hug. She walked out of the room and then screamed ..... "My tooth came out! Thanks dad for hugging me ... you knocked my tooth out." She continued to thank Tom all day long.

This morning Kayla and Tom went on a field trip together for the first time. It was Tom's first time at a homeschool event without me. So, I thought that was pretty big of him to take her and with no complaints. It was at a printing facility and the kids could see how packaging was printed. Shae wasn't very interested so she and I stayed home. When they got home they both said what a great time they had.

Kayla was so excited that I gave her my camera and told her that she could take pictures of whatever she wanted. So, here is a printing machine and the one below is of her and the ear plugs they gave the kids and she thought they were so cool. There was about 10 other pictures ... all of her and the ear plugs in the back seat of the car. tee,hee,hee!


Then after lunch we met some friends and decided to hike up Thumb Butte. I had never done it so why not. It was a long hike and it took over an hour. By the end I thought my shaky knees were going to kill me. That was my first and most likely my last time hiking Thumb Butte. :) If anyone knows me and my knees ..... they are not good with 3 surgeries and 2 screws in the one leg.


The girls got to see lots of trees that were burned in a forest fire from a few years back and also lots of trees dead from the "bark beetle."
Here is Kayla at the top and down below behind Kayla is our town. As you can see..... she was a bit hot and worked hard to get to the top.
And nothing beats playing in the creek afterwards.


No comments: