Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yummy Blackberries!

I heard about a remote wild blackberry patch in the Prescott forest. So, when I had mentioned it to my kiddos they wanted to go find and pick the blackberries. Yesterday, we did just that. After the girls finished their school work ... with a friend of mine we headed out to find the secret patch. We must of drove past the patch 3 times before knowing what we were looking for as the berries were hanging underneath the canopy of leaves. It was like "I spy" in the wild forest that looked like a jungle to me. ha,ha,ha!

The location is about 20 minutes from down town and on a dirt road for about 5-8 miles. The vines were thick and beautiful with a creek running along side the blackberry patch.

Shae was fearless of the thorns and was on a mission. She picked and picked and ate them as fast as she picked them. We had a great time with our friends and what an experience.



To top things off ...on our way home we stopped at a local ice-cream place and got vanilla ice-cream so Shae could mix in her freshly picked blackberries.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey Trish this was so much fun! I think the best part was the thrill of the hunt!