Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Night Mommy

My tired little chicken ready for bed tonight had a few sad thoughts in her head.

Shae: Mommy, I don't want you to die.

Mom: Don't worry I won't die for a long time and I will always be with you.
Shae: Mommy, will you forget our hand shake with our noses? (crying)

Mom: No, I will always remember our noses rubbing together before we kiss goodnight. I love our little snuggle, snuggle!

Shae: Will they burn you with your clothes on when you die?

Mom: I don't know.......... maybe not.

Shae: What about your hair? Can I have some?

Mom: Yes, you can cut some off if you want when I go. (now in tears)

Shae: I love you more than anything and I want to die with you.

Mom: Me too baby! You never know. We may go together but if we don't I will be waiting for you somewhere ... somehow in my thoughts.

Shae: Can I have something of yours?

Mom: Yes.

Shae: But if I die first I won't have a chance to take anything of yours.

Mom: Sure you will! (the both of us still in tears) My love and my snuggle.

Shae: Goodnight mom. I love you. And can I have one more snuggle?

Mom: Sure!

Oh, as the girls grow older it saddens me to hear these questions and have these conversations. But as a mother I know only I can make her feel "okay" so that she can go to sleep better at night. I am so very thankful for the time we have together.
Soon, they will be moving on with their own lives with me less involved and I can look back and cherish every second that we had and life is "too short".
Good night.

1 comment:

Janda said...

Oh my gosh, I am crying!! It is so amazing and scary when they start asking those kind of questions. I am so HAPPY that your reading Nie's blog! Doesnt that just make you cherish every second we have with our children. We never know when something can happen that changes everything.
Love the picts of you guys down below, you look AMAZING, and I love the hair!!!! Looks so good!!