Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Show Time ... again!

Have I lost my mind? After my last theatre experience I must say I have "lost my mind." But, Kayla really enjoys theatre and she has plans to audition for a show in March but we knew of a audition this week that was for a holiday show called "The Small One." So, Kayla wanted to go and watch the auditions and see what they were like to better prepare her for the "Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr." show. So, I took her and Tom took Shae out for father daughter dinner and shopping. It was terrifying to me! They called up group after group to come forward and state their name and sing by themselves (along with the pianist). When they called up the 8 and under group Kayla tells me that she wants to do it and I about died! She went right down the theatre steps onto the stage. She did awesome and looked so cute! I was so nervous that I could of peed my pants! Talk about throwing the kid in the fire with no preparation.
This is the smallest and youngest group out of the three groups of about 50 plus kids. The director auditioned for 2 different nights for 2 hours each. We went to the first night.
The set you see on that stage is for a show that will be playing at the theatre soon.
The experience was great! It was so professional and the director and her team really have a special way with theatre and kids. I think we will have a great experience with Prescott Fine Arts Association.


I told her that since this was her first one that she would probably not get picked for the show but at any route it would be a good experience that she would learn from.
*******
Today we went to the theatre and look on the paper on the door and read down the list of names.
Yahoo!!! Kayla will join the cast of "The Small One."
Above is her name on the cast list. They were looking for 22 - 25 cast members from the auditions.
She will have a press release night and do 6 school shows along with 3 public performances. December 18th at 7pm and December 19th at 2pm and 7pm.
Audiences of all ages will delight in this holiday story about a special donkey and a musical journey around the world. Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter customs are presented in song, dance, and narrative.

1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Hooray for Kayla! You must be so excited & proud! :)