Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Quick Glance

Kayla is still rehearsing every week for the "Joseph" show. Lots of kids, lots of hours of singing and dancing and lots of rushing around. :-)

SHOW DATES September 25th and 26th

We are so lucky to have such a great network of friends! Yesterday, my good friend Danette and her daughter Kassy hosted an "Earth Party". In their homeschooling curriculum they are studying the earth and its continents. Danette made and decorated a Earth cake and it was a HUGE hit of the party. Her 8 year old daughter decorated with maps and globes and made each child a place card. What a great idea and way to go Kassy!

Tis the season for black berry pick'n.

Last summer I got a hint of a wild black berry patch in the forest up past Groom Creek and my friend and I went out to find it. She has moved out of state and we miss her dearly. But the girls and I kept our new tradition alive and went to pick berries after our school work was done.

I even dug up some fresh dirt with worms for my compost that we started this past month.

And I can't forget to mention the neat beetles that we came across on a mushroom.

The days have been busy since our homeschooling started up again. But we have a very flexible schedule that allows us to enjoy life and the nature around us. Early this morning we went to our local zoo and harvested the community garden. The girls did a quick sweep around the zoo to say "hi" to the rescued bear "Shash" and the Bengal Tiger "Kassie" and then up the hill to pick the fresh squash and zucchini.


There are so many things to do and activities that we can sign our kids up for and so many things for us parents to get swamped with by volunteering. I have decided to evaluate my schedule and back off and ditch some things. That has been a great thing for me!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey did you guys get anymore blackberries this year? I was really looking forward to that this summer! Talk to you soon!