Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exciting Week for Kayla!

Old news for most as these Heely's have been out for awhile but new for Kayla! She had been saving her money for a pair and I wasn't sure she would even pick it up and the $60 would be a waste. So, I told her that I found some on Ebay and they were practically new. So as the clock counted down Kayla sat with me and we bid on them and YEEHAW!!! We got them for $12. She was sooooooooooo excited! She is the kind of girl that NEVER says they have to be new or won't wear used things. She lives in used clothing from my dear friend and sister that I never had .... Janey in California. Thanks to her we have a wardrobe for more than a year at any given time. I of course hand them down to others when Shae is done with them.
Practicing hard and she got it pretty good on day 2. But .............. with super sore thigh muscles and required heating packs. tee,hee,hee!

Today, Kayla got a surprise from her guitar teacher Ms. Patty from the Volante Academy of the Arts. Ms. Patty usually has her 12 string with her but today she brought her shiny and sweet electric guitar. She even let Kayla play it. Boy did it sound nice!!
This was Kayla's last day of guitar lessons until after the High School Musical Show. I don't want her overwhelmed so we will start up again in 13 weeks. We will continue to keep up our chords and playing until then.

No comments: