Sunday, March 7, 2010

WOOD SHOP


By looking at the picture above you can see that Kayla's head is about to the top of that tower. The girls have been wanting a bigger and taller play house. I had talked about adding a room on to the back of their existing structure that we made last year.
We decided to start it and this project was going to be "GIRLS ONLY!" We didn't ask "dad" to help out in any way and I used the saw and drills and we did it on our own. The girls will remember this wood project forever!

I talked to the girls and they told me what they wanted and we measured and planned it all out on paper. I was pretty lucky to get our wood pretty cheap and from the scrap cuts at Home Depot.
Here is our basic framing in its beginning stage. This bad girl is 7 feet tall and I can stand up in it with plenty of head clearance!
Along time ago when the girls were little we had this Tikes plastic playhouse that they outgrew very fast. I still had 2 of the main side panels and decided to incorporate them into our project. Using them saved us money on wood side panels and creates a overall cute look.
Here is the one side completed with the side panel.
Here is the other side with the little door .... I still have some gaps to fill here. This project was so much fun! The girls got to measure with me, nail and screw planks of wood, and paint. They were so excited when we finished. It took us about 6 hours over 2 days to build but well worth it. Hummmmm, what next? Maybe a kitchen addition?

No comments: